Friday, September 15, 2006

Don't Walk away, Daddy. Don't walk away.


Well, after many years of trying to educate those around me on the importance of taking time out for family, to relax and tune in, it appears I will have to take some of my own medicine.
Lalainia is working hard on Fiddler on the Roof, these days, and I have been getting more and more involved with my church; meeting with several groups during the week. This means that at times we have been two ships passing in the night. Saying hello and goodbye seemingly in the same breath.
On top of this, Caede has had his first nightmare; and here it is.

I was walking away from him. As I'm walking away, he is calling my name asking me to stay. Rather than respond, I simply continue walking, ignoring his pleas. I then (with him continuing his screaming for me to stay) get into a car and drive off.

Later in the day, my lovely wife calls me and puts him on the phone to tell me his dream. When he is finished describing it to me, he begins to whimper, as he repeats over and over, "Don't walk away daddy. Don't walk away."
Thanks dear!! Made my day!
I needed to make some changes. I have several appointments on my schedule over the next few weeks(in fact I read an email immediately following my conversation with Caede that asked for two more within the next few days).

Some of them will be cancelled. I like the people who I had planned to meet with, but I can't have my son feeling like I'm walking away from him; even for a short time.

4 comments:

Laurz said...

i teared up a little on that blog entry B-rad. Caed is so cute. That's so sad :( Nightmares suck! I have them all the time, if he ever needs to talk about nightmares with someone, let him know his good friend lauren has them all the time and that theyre okay. It just means you ate before you went to bed... or something.. haha.. Oh! Well. You're great parents. So yeah, Live it up!

Danielle said...

That was a killer posting Brad! I gotta be honest, I got a little emotional. Good message though; not only that family is so important, but also that kids are aware of far more than we give them credit for. Something we can all use a reminder of and something that I regularly need to be reminded of in my field of work. Thanks.

Laurz said...

update!!!

whats the new in the strelau famfam!

Laurz said...

okay brad dear,

it's time you return to the blog
it's been too long... my eyes miss reading about you.

love
your friend
lauren